The dates are set:
October 13, 2012
November 10, 2012
December 8, 2012
January 12, 2013
February 9, 2013
March 9, 2013
April 13, 2013
The dates are set:
Get a jump on your holiday shopping! Please join us for the Handmade Market this Saturday, November 14th.
The Handmade Market is an event to connect the makers of beautiful things to people who appreciate the unique and handmade. There will be 32 fabulous sellers at the Market this Saturday selling jewelry, purses, knitted items, clothing, paper crafts, and more!
The Handmade Market
Saturday, November 14th
noon to 4:00 pm
21+ and parents with kids (same goes for sellers)
free to the public
at the Empty Bottle
1035 N. Western Ave
See all the details and a list of our November sellers at
Join us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47533216195
The Market will be holding monthly events on the second Saturday of the month from October to April. Mark your calendars now!
Hello November sellers.
!! Please read this email in its entirety. There is some new information!!
I hope that you are all busy crafting in preparation for the show
which is Saturday, November 14th.
Here is some additional information.
Send an email to your mailing list and/or friends and family. An email is sent to sellers before the event, so you can modify that with a personal message. If you weren’t at our October sale, I will put postcards and posters in the mail to you later this week. Please post and distribute them. The sellers list should be posted on our website later this week.
Items to bring
- Your ID, because this is a bar and you do need to be 21+ or bring your mom.
- Table & chair. – There are chairs there, but they are not comfortable!
- Lights and extension cords or candles, as the interior is quite dim. If you’re in spots 28, 29, or 30 you will also need duct tape for your extension cord so no one trips.
- Display trees, dishes, etc. – For your items.
- A mirror. – If you have items for customers to try on.
- Business cards – Because you never know who might want a custom piece, and it is good if you want to build brand recognition and direct people to your website.
- Cash box/storage and change for customers
- Credit card reader, if you have one – The Empty Bottle has a cash machine, but it sometimes runs out of money. If you have a business checking account you should be able to set up a call in credit card account for a reasonable fee. I have doubled my sales since I started accepting credit cards at shows.
Day of the Show Schedule
NEW INFO ON SET UP/TEAR DOWN:
- Setup begins at about 10:30 am. Please do not come earlier than 10:30. You won’t be able to get in. If you get there early, go enjoy a snack at Bite Cafe.
- Please make sure you and your stuff are in the door to set up before noon. The load-in door is locked at that time and late comers are disruptive to the other sellers. If you arrive after 12 pm, you may not have your guaranteed spot. I sometimes move people into no show spots to give everyone more space. I will make these decisions at noon. If you anticipate being late a call to the Empty Bottle at 773-276-3600 is helpful.
- Market opens at noon
- Teardown at 4:00 pm. This is a new ending time. Please don’t tear down until 4. We do get last minute shoppers and the market should stay open until 4. If you need to leave early, please let me know.
See you on the 14th!
We have a real news section/blog with fancy schmancy RSS feeds and archives now.
Let’s see how this works out. . .