«-- click the thumbnail to download the
full size web banner
Interested in selling? **Updated**
Note: you must be 21 with an ID or have one of your parents with you. Everything sold must be handmade by the seller.
You must become an approved seller before booking tables. Once becoming approved you can book any shows that interest you.
All of your items must be handmade by you. In addition, the components you use must be handmade by you or significantly altered from their original state. This second requirement applies most often to jewelry sellers. Examples that would qualify would be silver smithing, upcycling, chainmaille, fused or blown glass, resin work, etc.
Please take a look at sellers from past events. We are not a traditional craft show. If you make items frequently found in a church craft bazaar, you probably won't be a good fit for the Handmade Market. On the other hand, we are not a "high end" art fair. This doesn't mean that our sellers don't have fine quality items, just that typical prices range from $5 to $50.
To become an approved seller please send the following to Heather.
- Your name
- Business name
- Photos of goods or website (website will be listed in seller's list)
- Type of goods including a brief (one sentence) description that will be used for the website.
Once you are approved, you can go through the steps below.
There are a few changes this year, so please read through this carefully before booking.
We have two table sizes: 6 ft (blue) and 4 ft (red). We will need to strictly enforce the table sizes and if you come with a display that is larger, you will be required to rearrange. The table layout is here.
You must bring your own table to the event. There are plenty of chairs at the Empty Bottle, but they aren't very comfortable, so you may want to bring your own.
We know this seems like a lot of rules. We just want to be sure that everyone is clear on what the Market entails and that there are no surprises. We do hope that the HMM is successful and fun for everyone.
If you purchase a space, you will be sent a confirmation, more detailed information, and instructions a couple of weeks before the event. We will also put your information onto a list for the website, which is updated at least a week before the show. Other sellers have told us that getting listed on the website has really helped their own internet traffic, so this is nice for promotion. We also keep the pages for past events, so your link will be on there for quite a while after the show.
A week before the event, send an email to your mailing list and/or friends and family. An eflyer is sent to sellers a couple of days before the event, so you can modify that with a personal message.
Make, make, make lots of things! Our sellers have had good results.
Items to bring
- Your ID, because this is a bar and you do need to be 21+ or bring your mom.
- Table & chair. - There are chairs there, but they are not comfortable and there are not enough for everyone.
- Lights and extension cords or candles, as the interior is quite dim.
- If you're in spots 28, 29, or 30 you will also need duct tape for your extension cord so no one trips.
- Display trees, dishes, etc. - For your items.
- A mirror. - If you have items for customers to try on.
- Business cards - Because you never know who might want a custom piece, and it is good if you want to build brand recognition and direct people to your website.
- Cash box/storage and change for customers
- Credit card reader, if you have one - The Empty Bottle has a cash machine, but it sometimes runs out of money. If you have a business checking account you should be able to set up a call in credit card account for a reasonable fee.
Day of the Show Schedule **Updated**
- Setup begins at about 10:30 am. Please do not come earlier than 10:30. You won't be able to get in. If you get there early, please go enjoy a snack at Bite Cafe.
- Please make sure you and your stuff are in the door to set up before noon. The load-in door is locked at that time and late comers are disruptive to the other sellers. If you arrive after 12 pm, you may not have your guaranteed spot. Sometimes people are moved into no show spots to give everyone more space. These decisions will be made at noon. If you anticipate being late a call to the Empty Bottle at 773-276-3600 is helpful.
- Market opens at noon
- Teardown at 4:00 pm (we need to be out by 5pm to allow time for the evening bands to set up). Please don't tear down until 4. We do get last minute shoppers and the market should stay open until 4. If you need to leave early, please let us know.
Spaces are not reserved until payment is received. There will be no refunds or reschedules once payment is received. If you purchase a space and cannot come to the show, you may resell your space to another approved HMM seller. You must notify Heather if you do this. There will be a $10.00 rebooking fee plus any Paypal fees that apply if you cancel and Heather rebooks your table.
Note: if you are paying with an echeck (withdrawal from a bank account) on Paypal, your space is not reserved until the payment clears. Please contact Heather before using an echeck so that she can make sure that your space is reserved immediately. If you do not do this, you will not be guaranteed the space.